Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines Mural Call for Artists
We have an exciting opportunity to announce–a large scale mural in Des Moines, IA that highlights the contributions of the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines! The CFGDM has had a hand in many of the most wonderful things in Des Moines. Take a look at the full proposal below and we look forward to seeing your ideas!
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Mural in collaboration with the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines at the Renaissance Des Moines Savery Hotel.
Friday, November 30, 2018 at 5:00 pm to Liz@AdoreYourWalls.com
- Location: The west wall of the Renaissance Savery Hotel. The location is uniquely positioned by a soon-to-be-renovated outdoor courtyard space that will be open to the public. A lift will be provided for the artist(s).
- Objective: This mural is being commissioned and funded by the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines (CFGDM) as part of the organization’s 50th birthday celebration. The CFGDM is excited to bring a large-scale mural to the heart of the region with the assistance of Liz Lidgett with Adore Your Walls.
- Additional engagement events and publicity interviews will be required for the artist to participate in.
- Engagement events include the annual Better Together Celebration in May 2019, a community event and a community youth event. During these events we would like to have the artist speak about the vision for the mural.
- Deadline for proposals: Friday, November 30, 2018, 5 pm
- December 12, 2-4 pm: Initial Interviews, if needed, with artist finalists.
- January: Meet with Liz from Adore Your Walls to go over sketch, information from the client, timeline, and budget.
- February-March: Complete the sketch and receive approval from the CFGDM.
- June: Begin mural process and participate in engagement events listed above.
- July: Completion of mural.
- $ 25,000. 50% to be paid upon starting and 50% within 2 weeks of completion of mural. This fee includes materials. Lift equipment will be provided.
- Email a .pdf including the following information:
- Your name, phone number, email, and 2 references with contact info.
- A page including artwork photographs and descriptions of your past mural work.
- Budget, timeline needed, and any equipment needed. Description of materials used.
- A page including a sketch of your idea for the mural, and ideas for participation in engagement events.